VinWonders Nha Trang is a family-friendly theme park with a variety of activities – shows, rides, a zoo, an aquarium, gardens, and even a large water park area. The water park is a nice touch as it’s a fantastic way to cool you off from the humidity and heat.
The theme park is located on Hon Tre Island (Đảo Hòn Tre in Vietnamese or Bamboo Island). You can’t miss the location of this place since there are large white letters of “Vinpearl” on a hillside which can be seen at any point along the Nha Trang Beach and city.
In this VinWonders Nha Trang guide for first-time visitors, we’re sharing our experiences, how to get there, what to do, and other helpful tips so you can enjoy your visit. We enjoyed our visit to this theme park and hope you get a chance to visit on a future trip to Vietnam.
Check out other places to visit during your Nha Trang travels:
Disclaimer: Visiting this place as a day trip from Nha Trang? We’re giving you a heads up that this post contains affiliate links. If you click on them and make a purchase, we receive a small commission. There is no additional cost to you. Appreciate the support.
How to Get to VinWonders Nha Trang from Nha Trang City
To get to VinWonders Nha Trang amusement park, you’ll need to head directly to the VinWonders cable car station by taxi or Grab ride-hailing car. To find the location of the cable car station, search Cáp treo VinWonders on Google Maps. The cable car ride is 12 minutes and a distance of 3,320 meters (2.06 miles). Each cable car holds up to 8 people.
There are plans to have a speedboat option that will hold 72 people and will take 7 minutes to get to the pier.
From Cam Ranh International Airport, it’ll take around 45 minutes to go to the cable car station as it’s 35 kilometers (21.7 miles) away.
From Nha Trang Beach (along Tran Phu Street) or Nha Trang train station, it’ll take 15-20 minutes to go to the station as it’s 7-9 kilometers (4.3-5.6 miles) away.
Check out our post on various transportation in Vietnam.
Note: Before riding the cable car, you’ll need to have your bags checked. Outside water and food are not allowed in the theme park.
VinWonders Nha Trang Admission Cost
The entrance fee and round trip ride on the cable car cost the following:
- Adults: 880,000 VND ($38 USD)
- Children (100cm-140cm / 39-55 inches): 600,000 VND ($26)
- Children (under 99cm): Free
Tickets can be purchased at the cable car station’s ticket booth.
When to Go to VinWonders Nha Trang
The theme park is open from 8:30am to 9:00pm daily. The water park is open from 9:00am-6:00pm. You’re welcome to visit the park at any time of the day.
As with the day of the week, weekdays will have fewer crowds compared to the weekends. We visited on a Saturday and didn’t have many crowds. It’s due to the current travel restrictions and the potential rainstorm in the forecast.
VinWonders Nha Trang Layout
Once you depart from the cable car, explore the five different areas:
- Fairy Land – This area is currently expanding as with the location of the speedboat pier, entertainment area, and games. When you enter this area, you’re headed to a fairy tale with castle architecture. It currently has children-friendly rides in the Family Land area.
- Adventure Land – Get ready for the theme park rides with mini roller coasters, drop towers, and more.
- World Garden – Plant and flower lovers will love this area as there are gorgeous gardens to explore.
- King’s Garden – Check out unique animals around the world in this zoo area.
- Sea World – You’ll find the aquarium and other underwater exhibits here.
- Water World – Grab the swimsuits and have fun in the water park!
Each of the locations has restaurants and food available for purchase.
Top Things to Do at VinWonders Nha Trang
Here is our recommendation on memorable attractions and shows to visit at VinWonders Nha Trang.
1. Ride the cable car.
Vietnam loves riding on cable cars to get to theme parks! We experienced a cable car ride at Sun World Ba Na Hills in Danang too.
VinWonder’s cable car is safe to ride as the carriage is stable. It’s large enough to hold 8 people per carriage. During your ride, you’ll hear a welcome message through the speakers in Vietnamese, English, Russian, and Chinese. You’ll also love seeing the views of the Nha Trang City and the theme park.
2. Speed down the Alpine Coaster.
Location: Fairy Land
The Alpine Coaster should be the first place you visit at the park due to the long lines. It’s a high thrill ride that is also suitable for children.
One or two people get the opportunity to sit in a cart and get the chance to speed down the curves along the mountain. The person sitting in the back of the cart controls the lever for the speed – push forward to go faster while pull backwards is to slow down.
The course is 1,865 meters (1.1 miles) long and has some fantastic views of the ocean. Everyone needs to stay 25 meters away from each other to prevent a collision. There are sensors to slow down the carts if needed.
Don’t forget to smile for the camera as there are two spots for photos. When you exit the ride, you can purchase your photo for 70,000 VND ($3) and also get a chance to download a digital copy.
If you loved riding this one, check out the Alpine Coasters at Danang’s Ba Na Hills and Bao Loc’s Dambri Tourist Area.
3. Take the adventure and go ziplining.
Location: Fairy Land (for kiosk)
Adventure seekers have the opportunity to go ziplining across the theme park. According to the theme park guide, this zipline adventure has three records of the “longest and steepest, and high free-landing jump in Vietnam.” You can either go on the zipline by yourself or sit in a carriage with another person.
There is an extra fee to ride in the zipline. You can inquire more at the Zipline kiosk next to the Alpine Coaster.
Note: The zipline departure station is next to the “Vinpearl” sign on the hill and the arrival is next to the Dolphin Lagoon in the Sea World area.
4. Watch the Dolphin & Sea Lion show.
Location: Sea World
This 30-minute show is an opportunity to see dolphins and sea lions showcase their tricks to the audience. The sea lions are adorable and love gliding on their bellies, while the dolphins are playful and spin in the air pretty fast. You can see how much the animals love their trainers, especially since they’re fed at least 3-4 fish every time they complete a trick.
The show also has audience participation so you could be chosen to do a trick with the dolphins.
During our visit, this show is only available from 2:00-2:30pm so come early to get the best seating.
5. Ride the Sky Wheel Ferris Wheel.
Location: World Garden
Want to see an aerial view of the theme park and the island? You must visit the Sky Wheel! This Ferris Wheel has an altitude of 120 meters (394 feet) and it’ll take 20 minutes to complete the ride. What is awesome about riding this Ferris Wheel is that each cart is equipped with air conditioning and a fan. WooHoo!
The Sky Wheel is open from 2:00-7:00pm.
6. Transport yourself through various parts of the world at World Garden.
Location: World Garden
World Garden is one of our favorite spots in the theme park as you get to travel around the world. It’s also picturesque with photo opportunities with flower terraces and swings, especially around the outdoor Maze area.
- There is a Japanese garden with a Japanese tea house (decoration purposes) and a mini torii gate.
- The African Desert has huge baobab trees and cacti. Check out the collection of cacti in pots in the geodesic domes. The only gripe about this area is that cacti are native to the United States’s Southwest area and not from Africa.
- The Rose Forest is an enclosed area with various roses in bloom. The decor is whimsical and similar to going into an Alice in Wonderland type of place. Bonus: This place has air-conditioning so you may want to spend some time to cool off here.
7. Check out the aquarium at Underwater World.
Location: Sea World
Underwater World is a multi-level aquarium and is a fun place for children to see unique and colorful fish from around the world. There are over 30,000 aquatic creatures in the aquarium. One of the cool parts about the aquarium is the underwater tunnel so you get to see huge grouper, sharks, and other fish swim above you.
Note: Many of the fish are in crowded tanks that are way too small for them. If you’re sensitive to seeing these conditions, please skip this attraction.
There is a Mermaid Show so you can see mermaids swim graciously in the water. It’s available daily from 11:00-11:10am and 3:00-3:10pm.
8. Explore the zoo in the King’s Garden area.
Location: King’s Garden
Interested in seeing animals? Check out the various animals in the “zoo” type of setting. You’ll see flamingos, baboons, hippos, lemurs, Asian black bear, black and white swans, and other animals.
One of the unique animals to see is the white Bengal tigers. There were three tigers in one area and one tiger by itself. They have beautiful white fur. According to the sign in the park, most of the white Bengal tigers are not in the wild anymore.
Birds are available in an aviary so you can see them flying around in the luscious jungle setting. Many of the birds hung out around the pond area.
Note: After visiting a safari in Tanzania, we’re sensitive to seeing animals held in captivity. Many of the animals are in close quarters and look undernourished. For example, we saw camels, gazelles, giraffes, and ostriches share one area. It’s up to you whether you want to see these animals or not.
There is a Bird Show where you get the chance to see beautiful birds fly around and showcase their tricks to the audience. You’ll hear a parrot speak Vietnamese! The show is from 11:30-11:50am and 3:30-3:50pm daily.
9. Spend your afternoon at the Water World water park.
Location: Water World
It’s time to go for a swim and cool off from the heat. You’ll have the opportunity to go on water slides and tidal wave pools. Or, you can hang out by the beach and try the inflatable obstacle courses.
During our visit, many of the water slides were closed. Yet, there were a few slides open where you could use the inflatable float to go down.
Don’t forget to bring your swimsuit, goggles, and towels!
10. Watch the evening shows.
Location: Sea World and Luminary Square (Fairy Land)
There are two shows available in the evenings:
- Musical Water Fountain Show from 7:00-7:15pm at Sea World area
- Tata Show from 7:30-7:45pm (Monday-Thursday, Sunday) and 7:30-8:15pm (Friday-Saturday) at Luminary Square in Fairy Land area.
Tata Show is heavily promoted in advertisements and billboards around the theme park. The show has dancing, illuminating lights, and fun images projected onto the buildings.
Unfortunately, we didn’t get a chance to watch the shows as we left the theme park in the afternoon.
Where to Stay on Hon Tre Island
While you can take a day trip from the mainland of Nha Trang to Hon Tre Island, a unique opportunity is to stay overnight on Hon Tre Island. All of the resorts on the island are owned by Vin Group. You’ll get the chance to experience luxurious amenities, such as amazing views from your room, private beaches, restaurants, and also have access to the theme park. Many of the properties have high reviews from visitors.
Choose from the following Vinpearl hotels and resorts:
- Vinpearl Discovery 1 – This is a resort hotel feeling with access to on-site restaurants and luxurious swimming pools. The starting cost for the resort is $100 per night for 2 person occupancy. Reserve your room here.
- Vinpearl Discovery 2 – You can have a private villa that sleeps up to 4 people. The starting cost is $180 per night for 4 person occupancy. Reserve your room here.
- Vinpearl Resort & Spa – This resort has beautiful swimming pools and a private beach. The cost of the room starts at $100 per night for 2 person occupancy. Reserve your room here.
- Vinpearl Resort – Want some ocean views from your hotel room? Check out this resort! The cost of the room starts at $100 per night for 2 person occupancy. Reserve your room here.
- Vinpearl Luxury – This is one of the bucket list places to stay since you can have a bungalow looking over the ocean. The cost per room starts at $200 per night for 2 person occupancy. Reserve your room here.
If you prefer to stay in the city, check out the Nha Trang accommodation options here.
Other Helpful Tips
- Due to the current travel situation, all visitors must wear a mask during the cable car ride and at the park.
- Stay hydrated as it can get really hot on the island.
- Outside drinks and food are not allowed inside the theme park. Therefore, you’ll need to buy drinks at the vending machines or kiosks. A bottle of water is 15,000 VND ($.65) and soda is 20,000 VND ($.86).
- As with the food options, prices are on the high-end.
- At the Vietnamese restaurant in World Garden, most of the dishes are between 120,000-150,000 VND ($5.20-$6.50)
- Lotteria is one of the cheaper options. A burger is around 50,000 VND ($2.15) so the cost is still higher than in Nha Trang City.
- Coral Buffet Restaurant and Wind and Sea Restaurant in Fairy Land are other options. We didn’t get a chance to visit, yet they are one of the higher reviewed places and have a sit-down ambiance.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes since you’ll need to walk between the themed areas. There are escalators to walk between King’s Garden and Sea World area.
VinWonders Nha Trang Facts
Address: On Hon Tre Island
Opening Hours: 8:30am to 9:00pm
Official Website (Vietnamese): https://www.vinwonders.com/vinwonders-nha-trang
Tickets: Buy discounted tickets here
Visiting other places in Vietnam? Check out our other Vietnam posts to help with your travel planning.
Like this post? Save it to your Vietnam Pinterest board.